Users can upload and share photos and videos on Instagram, a well-known photo and video-sharing social media platform that is owned by Meta. Around the world, there are billions of users who are active. Users frequently post pictures and videos to the network, which is well-liked. There are issues with some users. Instagram will notify you that you’ve been logged out because of “odd behaviour” from your account. You can try to log back into your account before it is deactivated by following the steps below. In order to safeguard accounts from hackers, spammers, and other security threats, the app alerts users to any unusual behaviour.
As a result, a surprising report that the app has discovered an odd login attempt is occasionally presented to many users, which can be annoying. The programme also offers different ways to proceed, including, among others, requesting help logging in, receiving a security code via text message, and confirming that you are the account owner.
When you attempt to log in from a different IP address than your usual one, the report is displayed. You might also receive the message if someone tries to access your account or if your usual location changes (like when you move to a foreign country or travel frequently).
How to Fix Confirm it s You to Login on Instagram?
The complete error message can be found below. We have temporarily suspended your account because we noticed unusual activity from it. It says next to the instructions, “Follow the following steps within 30 days so that we can try to get you back into your account before it is disabled.” Instagram may be sending you this error message because it thinks you are not the account’s owner. You will consequently be logout automatically as a safety measure. In order to prove that you are a human and not a bot, you must successfully complete a reCAPTCHA. A phone number must also be provided, and a confirmation code must be sent to that number.
The issue with login can be resolved by:
1. Reset Your Password on Another Device
The problem could be fixed by changing your Instagram password on a separate device. The steps to take are listed below.
Select Forgotten password when prompted for a password.
Your email address or phone number must be entered in the form for Instagram to send you an email including a link to reset your password.
Click the link that was sent to your mobile device now.
Please make a new password and input it once more to verify it.
Now enter your new password to log in.
2. Wait for a While Before Acting
Some clients asserted that after some time, their issue will go away. Because the issue is typically only transient, you might also have to wait a few hours. Twelve to forty-eight hours after logging in, several Reddit users claim they were able to access their Instagram accounts. We advise anyone who has done everything and is still experiencing issues to wait 48 hours because the problem will be fixed automatically at that point.
3. Uninstall and Reinstall The App
When Instagram is uninstalled, its cache and data are erased. Instagram will restart from scratch with a clean slate when you reinstall it.
1. Press and hold the Instagram app for a few seconds before uninstalling it to erase Instagram.
2. To reinstall Instagram, first perform a search for it in the Google Play Store or your local app store.
3. Try signing into your Instagram account once more after Instagram has been reinstalled.
4. Hopefully, you’ll be able to access your account this time around without encountering the Confirm it’s you to log in problem.
4. Clear Cache
if you use the Instagram app to access the Instagram website. By deleting the cached data on your computer, you can check to see if your problem has been repaired. The steps to take are listed below.
1. Press the app icon while keeping your finger on the home screen.
2. Click the I button to examine the app’s information.
3. By selecting the Clear Data button, you may find Clear Data and Clear Cache.
5. Submit a Form to Alert Instagram That It s You Trying to Access Your Account
1. First of all, go to the website’s My Instagram account has been disabled form.
2. Completely provide your name and email address.
3. Enter your Instagram account where indicated to receive the issue.
4. Enter your mobile number now and explain the issue, such as the fact that your account hasn’t been cancelled.
Example: Hi there. On my account, I’m getting a Confirm It’s You to Login Problem message. Please assist me. Since I am the rightful owner of the account, could you help me log back into it?
5. Click the Next button when you have finished filling out the form.
You finished filling out the form. I appreciate your time. All that’s left to do is wait for the Instagram team to respond. You’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions on what to do next.
They will reactivate your account as soon as they can, so please adhere to the instructions in the message they have sent you.
6. Follow the Prompts on the Screen
You can fix the issue by following the on-screen instructions you received on your account and the actions listed below.
1. After accessing your Instagram account, log in.
2. Before completing the captcha, you must click the I’m not a robot button. After that, you can click the next button.
3. To send a confirmation message, enter a phone number or email address and click Send Confirmation.
4. Soon after, you’ll receive a confirmation code.
5. After inputting the confirmation code, submit your information.
6. Click Get a new code to have the code reissued to your email address if you are unable to obtain it within a short period of time.
7. Next, log in to your Instagram account.
It is finished, and you have resolved the password-related problem for your account. Now, you ought to be able to access your account without any issues.