The fact that the camera roll has an All Photos album that contains all of your most recent photos is a typical issue for iPhone owners. Everything you’ve ever taken or saved is saved to the All Photos album. From there, you can separate them into their own albums.
With the All Photos album, everything you delete from here will be completely gone from every album you’ve chosen to place that photo or video in.
Can I Delete A Photo From My Camera Roll But Keep it in An Album?
Despite all of the iOS updates that have been made, you are still unable to remove a photo from your camera roll’s All Photos folder and preserve it in a new album. Since the All Photos album is where all of your photos are saved, removing something from it will also remove it from every other album on your camera roll.
Instead of viewing them as a separate entity that contains photographs, you should see other albums, an extension, and a sorting folder for everything that is in the All Photos album. This is so that whatever you save to your iPhone will be removed from the All Photos folder and then be removed from any album that it was sorted to.
The good news is that there is a workaround that will enable you remove photographs from your camera roll while keeping them in an album. The issue with this, though, is that you won’t actually be saving them in the various albums that you desire; instead, they will all need to be saved under one folder, the name of which you won’t even be able to modify.
How to Move Photos to an Album and Delete From Camera Roll iPhone
Only hiding them will allow you to move images to an album and delete them from your camera roll without really deleting them. When you hide them, your camera roll is empty but a new album called the hidden folders album now contains them. The advantage of this is that your pictures or videos will be saved in an already-existing album rather than being wiped from your camera roll. Although all of them will be saved under the Hidden folders album, you are unable to hide it in any particular album.
The Hidden folders album must first be enabled in settings before you can use it. The hidden folders album is usable even if it is not turned on. On your iPhone, go to Settings, then select Photos > turn on Hidden Album to enable it. You may use this to remove individual pictures and videos from your camera roll, but not entire album.
To keep pictures out of the camera roll:
1. Click on the Camera Roll in the Photos app after launching it from the home screen.
2. Find the image or images that you want to conceal.
3. Select the photographs you wish to conceal by clicking the Select button at the top.
4. Press the sharing button located in the bottom-left corner.
5. On each option, scroll to the left and select Hide.
6. After selecting Hide, select Hide Photos to confirm.
All of the images will have been transferred from the camera roll to the hidden photographs album once you’ve finished. Although you won’t need to leave the album to view all of the photos you’ve hidden, you could still be able to see the pictures on your camera roll.
Once you leave the camera roll album, neither the years, collections, nor moments folders will have the photographs or videos you’ve concealed.
How to Locate Hiding Pictures and Videos:
You won’t be able to see the photos elsewhere once you’ve buried them in the camera roll. You could have spotted it in the albums if you’d looked around.
Here’s how to access the secret photographs if you haven’t previously.
To see the photos that are hidden:
1. Open the Photos app and select the Albums folder.
2. In the Albums section, look for the hidden folder.
3. This album contains all of the Hidden Photos.
Note:The images can still be handled in the same manner as regular photographs. You can still share the photographs and get rid of them in the same way, for instance. However, you won’t be able to view the hidden folder’s album cover image when you’re browsing the albums list, which means it won’t stand out to anyone browsing your camera roll.
Recently Deleted Album
Utilizing the recently deleted album is another technique to hide pictures from your camera roll but not an album. You can still delete photographs from your camera roll recent folder and they’ll stay here, even if this isn’t a special folder you built and can use to store your photos. The disadvantage of using the recently deleted folder as an album when the original is still gone from your camera roll is that it’s the last option. You won’t be able to recover anything you unintentionally erase from the recently deleted folder.
Another drawback is that you can’t keep custom photos in there or change the previously deleted files. If your goal is to have a collection of particular images in an album, you’ll have to accept that anything destroyed will end up in that album and that you won’t be able to rename it or select particular photos to be in it without having to delete them.
Open Photos if you want to remove photos from the camera roll but keep them in a folder for your iPhone. Tap All Photos on the Library tab, then choose the image or video you want to remove. After selecting Delete Photo, press the Bin button. When you removed it, you did so from your camera roll while keeping a copy in an album.
Deleting Them From Camera Roll And Storing Them In Google Drive Folder
You can always use an album that isn’t local to your iPhone, like Google Photos, if you want to delete a single photo from your camera roll but not an album. Your iPhone images can be backed up to and stored in various folders on Google Photos, a platform for digital image storage.
You can remove pictures from your camera roll and put them in a Google Photos album by using the Google Photos app. How to do it:
Download and launch Google Photos first
2. Click the picture. Then, choose Back Up from the menu that appears. This will enable the photo to be backed up, preventing its deletion from Google Photos if it is erased from your camera roll.
3. After it has been backed up, hold the image and choose Add to > Album. The image or video will then be transferred to the newly named folder.
4. Access Photos Tap All Photos on the Library tab, then choose the image or video you want to remove. After selecting Delete Photo, press the Bin button. Once erased, it would have been removed from your camera roll while remaining in a Google Photos album.
Deleting Them From Camera Roll And Storing Them In PC Folder
Another approach to keep your images in an album while hiding them from your camera roll is to delete your photos from your camera roll and store them on your PC in a folder. You can delete images from your camera roll and have them kept in an album even though this isn’t an album on your iPhone.
Visit iCloud.com first. Enter the verification code and your Apple id information.
2. Pick Pictures.
3. In the left column, choose Recents.
4. Pick the pictures you want to preserve and move the ones you wish to delete from your camera roll into an album. You can do this by selecting the images you want to download while holding down the CTRL key.
5. Pick the download symbol. They will export to their own folder as a result. If you have a Windows computer, you may right-click here to open the folder in File Explorer and rename it. If you’re using a Mac, the procedures are the same.
You can also carry out the following tasks if you have iTunes. On your Mac or PC, create folders and save the downloaded images there. After that, you can add those folders and sync your photos using iTunes. You can now erase the original photo from your iPad or iPhone’s camera roll. If you ever wish to update any of them, you can delete the folder from your PC in order to maintain the new album that was synced from your PC to your iPhone without the original photo being in your camera roll. Re-syncing them would replace any albums that you had previously added on your iPhone.
6. Access Photos
7. Tap All Photos on the Library menu, then choose the image or video you want to remove.
8. Press Bin, then select Delete Photo. After deletion, it’s gone from your camera roll but has been saved to the album of your choice on your PC.
How to Hide Images from an Album But Not the Camera Roll
If you want to hide photos from your camera roll but you don t want them to be gone from a specific album, then you need to simply hide them in the hidden folder that s automatically created when you hide anything in your recents camera roll folder. Unfortunately, apart from the hidden folder that s created when you hide photos from your camera roll, you can t hide your photos from your camera roll but have them stay in another album. As soon as you delete anything from your camera roll, you ll leave the album that you kept it in.
If you have an Android, especially a Samsung device, then you won t be able to hide photos from your camera roll and keep them in an album. As soon as you delete the photo from your recent gallery, it ll be deleted from the folder that it s kept in. Unlike your iPhone, there s no hidden folder or recently deleted folder on your iPhone that you can use to
If you have an Android, then you can use Google Photos to keep photos in an album but delete them from your camera roll or gallery. Android camera rolls don t usually have a hidden folder or recently deleted folder like iPhone s do so there s no way to hide photos from your camera roll but keep them not an album. The best way to do this is to use Google Photos.
Download and launch Google Photos first
2. Tap on the Photo. Select Back Up when the menu comes up. This means that when you delete the photo from your camera roll, it won t be deleted from Google photos as well.
3. Once backed up, hold the photo and select Add to > Album. From here, the photo or video will be moved to the new folder that you named.
4. Open Photos. Click on Recents > then select the photo you want to delete. Tap the bin icon then tap Delete. Once deleted, it would ve been hidden from your camera but remained in an album.